Ditch Shitter Just Wrote .....

Ditch Shitter Just Wrote .....

Quick word about comments ...

Comments here are 'moderated'. In as much that I have to physically see them and wave them through once you hit Send. So, if ye write a Comment. Post it. Don't see it? No worries. It's just sitting there, waiting for me to come online and find it in my email. I click and your words appear here. Please don't post it several times. Get frustrated and storm off, never to be seen again. It's just a measure I was forced to put into place by doxxers, spammers and other, mentally unstable's.

Sunday, November 8, 2020

The Phoenix ~ Fancy Another One? Nick S.



   September fourth, last year, I first wrote about a pub that was my home from home for some years. Tom Browns' " The Phoenix ". 

https://ditchshitter.blogspot.com/2019/09/tom-brown-and-phoenix.html

  If ye don't particularly remember that one? It'd be worth following that link, to read it and get yeself up to date.

  Then, ye might better enjoy getting an even fuller taste of the place, and times, by reading the follow up post I did about it:

https://ditchshitter.blogspot.com/2019/09/the-phoenix-another-pint.html 

  Please; Read those. Absorb what I was talking about. Most importantly? Note the mention, in the first one, of:

  " A  Bloke in there I was ready to front up to. Knifes edge from going for it. Ferret and a little girl later? Life long fucking mutual respect. "

  That bloke was Nick S.

  Looking at the time frames? That shit was probably about, what? Thirty five, forty years ago now?

  I've no real idea how old Nick was, at that time. Certainly older enough that I knew he was a shit ton more experienced in life than me.

  Maybe not quite " Old enough to be my father ". But, certainly too old for just any 'Older brother' effect. Maybe we'll settle on a more " Uncle " image?

  Okay. Enough for now then. I've given ye enough to go on, with ~ maybe ~ reading those first two posts. Now this one.

  But, I feel happy I've laid the preface to my next  'The Phoenix' post.  That one'll now be completely dedicated to Nick.

  Because, through the complete, total and utter fucked upness that is the internet; A couple of months back now, wasting my remaining time gazing at random shit on you tube ....?


No comments:

Post a Comment