Ditch Shitter Just Wrote .....

Ditch Shitter Just Wrote .....

Quick word about comments ...

Comments here are 'moderated'. In as much that I have to physically see them and wave them through once you hit Send. So, if ye write a Comment. Post it. Don't see it? No worries. It's just sitting there, waiting for me to come online and find it in my email. I click and your words appear here. Please don't post it several times. Get frustrated and storm off, never to be seen again. It's just a measure I was forced to put into place by doxxers, spammers and other, mentally unstable's.

Friday, December 21, 2018

A Curry Fit For All The Kings Horses!



  So; 'The Horses' are back in. Most obvious thing was the state of Rosie! She'd obviously found some particularly muddy spot to roll around in. Thus, she was more Mud than Piebald!

  Her coat also had that 'Thin Ice' thing going on about it. I guess ye'd have to be experienced around Gypsy Cob's, to know exactly what I'm on about. But, it's where the individual, long hairs all get stuck together. Try to imagine a toffee coated fucking horse. Horrible.

  Of course, I went straight at her with the 'Curry Comb'. This one's in the form of a rectangular plate, about four by five inches, max. Fitted with five or six rows of horizontal hacksaw blades.

  All that achieved was to clog the blades with mud. Never touched the sharp, tappy coating of the hairs on her.

  I looked for the old Dogs comb I remember having. Gone. God knows where, or when. Nothing else for it then; Have to buy a new comb when I went to town. I'd see what the Creamery (Agricultural Store) had. 

  And so, I found myself comparing two Dog combs. €8.00 or so a piece. What? Four inch combs? Big. soft rubber handles. Nickle plated things. Probably made in China ....

  Then, it occurred to me to actually go look in the Horse section. Much the same thing. Cellophane sealed to a piece of cardboard. Cheaply varnished, wooden handle.

  Then, I spotted something just laying there, on the shelf. What the ....?




  That comb is Nine Inches wide. The teeth are an Inch long. The handle is aluminium. 

  I picked it up, and my mouth went dry! O M F G!!!





  Ye need to Hold this thing, to realise just how Good it feels! Ye hand just wraps around it, like a glove. And yet, it's as if there's nothing there! 

  Fuck This! I'm an absolute Fucker for Top Quality tools. I Knew this was one. Sold! This bad baby was coming home with Ditch!

  I had a shit ton to buy, in there, that day. Loaded my shit onto the counter. John started scanning and beeping stuff for me. Then, he said; " This is a terrible expensive comb, Ditch. Ye don't need to be buying this. We have much cheaper ones. "

  Granted; There was no price tab on the comb. Didn't matter, to me. This thing was a work of fucking art! Massive comb head. Great teeth. And that handle! The whole Feel of the thing?! Rolls fucking Royce!

  I told John to just fucking ring it up. My bill was nothing I wasn't ready for. I paid. Chucked all my gear ~ except the comb! ~ and the reciept into Pat's van. And I fucked off about town.

  Everyone I spoke to, I showed them my  comb. Insisted they hold it. Bathed in their enthusiasm and praise of what a beautiful piece it was!

  Got home. Attacked Rosie. Then had at two of the donkeys (Gray Donkey won't let anyone near her). I had the fucking Three of them combed out and fluffy as fuck in absolutely no time! Not once having fumbled it and dropped the comb. And my wrist / arm never felt a thing!

  Chuffed as fuck. Glowing with a Manly Glow, I strode back in here and googled my prize. " Sullivan ". Made in the USA. Cost about $25.00, over there. So, ye could likely get one over for around the £35.00 mark?

  Seems I paid €44.00 for my one.  " Expensive "? Maybe. Eire is expensive. But; I got to handle the thing, experience it, before choosing to have it. I wouldn't have looked twice, had I just seen it on google.

  Now, I have it. My horses are furry, again. I can comb them out in minutes ~ covering twice the horse in half the strokes! ~ with no strain on my wizened old arms. And, this beauty will out last me! I'm keeping it safe, in here with me! I'll hang it on the wall.

  What else would ye do with a fine work of art?

No comments:

Post a Comment